Tuesday, June 15, 2010

NYPD shut down free Drake Concert


Rapper Drake gave a free concert celebrating the release of his album "Thank Me Later". The concert was cut short after NYPD had safety concerns and violence began to disrupt the South Street Seaport area. The crowd became irritated by a late start. The crowd became disorderly, threw chairs and bottles from the balconies. Attendees of the free concert remarked that people were also pushing, trying to get upfront. 

Drake responded"I am humbled by the crowd that showed up in support of my performance and the release of Thank Me Later," Drake told MTV News in a statement. "I love performing for my fans, but unfortunately, the show was canceled by the NYPD due to overcrowding, leaving me without the chance to give my fans a real show. I'm thankful for the support that the fans have been giving me ... I thank you now."


No comments:

Post a Comment